Match One Score: WPI 3, Pine Manor 0
Match Two Score: Emerson 3, Pine Manor 0
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Guerra, the only player on both teams to record double digits in kills, put up 13 to match a pair of aces and two solo blocks.
- Groele records an overall match-best 18 assists, while Tepper served four aces and sophomore Jessica Braunstein (Demarest, N.J.) registered eight digs.
- For Pine Manor, Keisha Hadorn put up seven kills for the Gators, Ashley Whiteshield had 17 helpers and one ace and Alexa Leon recorded nine digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
SET ONE (Emerson 25, Pine Manor 13)
- With the score at 8-5 in Emerson's favor, the Lions propelled to a 12-5 lead on a string of four points that consisted of three kills by sophomore Kayleen Bertrand (New Boston, N.H.) and Guerra.
- Emerson continued to extend their lead to eight at 17-9 on an ace from Brennan before Tepper served three aces to help the Lions surge for the final eight of 10 points and grabbed the 25-13 win.
SET TWO (Emerson 25, Pine Manor 13)
- Emerson racked up a hit percentage of .277 in the second frame and held Pine Manor to a -.100 to move to a 2-0 match lead over the Gators.
- The Lions led by as much as 14 at 23-9 and allowed the Gators to earn back four of the next five points to push the score to 24-13.
- Emerson locked up the set win on a swing by Bertrand to secure the 25-13 score.
SET THREE (Emerson 25, Pine Manor 12)
- After Emerson jumped out to a 10-6 lead to open the final frame, the Lions pushed its advantage up to 15-7 backed by a combined four swings from Guerra and Tepper.
- A string of four points by the Lions pushed the score into double figures with the score at 19-9 before Emerson closed the book on Pine Manor and tacked on the final five of seven points for the match sweep.
WPI vs Pine Manor Highlights