CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Pine Manor College women's basketball team fell to the visiting Albertus Magnus College Falcons, 77-68, in a non-conference matchup Tuesday night inside Brunelli Court.
With the loss the Gators dropped to 3-5 on the season, while the Falcons improved to 4-3 overall.
A back-and-forth first quarter paved the way for a high-energy battle that saw the Falcons take a 42-35 lead into the half behind a floor-leading 18 points from senior forward Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) at the break.
A 26-18 swing in the third quarter proved to be the difference as AMC was able to create some space and held on the rest of the way.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Gators are now 1-1 on the home hardwood this season.
- Pine Manor had four student-athletes in double figures, led by senior guard Erica Jones' (Atlanta, Ga.) team-high 18 points.
- Junior center Taylor Ingram-Martin (Merrit Island, Fla.), senior guard Shaquanda Middleton (Savannah, Ga.), and freshman forward Kayleigh Merrell (Wilmington, N.C.) added 14, 12, and 12 points, respectively.
- Merrell recorded a double-double with 12 points and a team-high 11 boards.
- The Gators won the battle off the glass, 52-47.
FOR THE FOES
- The Falcons are 2-1 on the road this year.
- Bolden and junior guard Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) each poured in a game-best 30 points on the night, while Bolden grabbed a game-high 20 rebounds for a double-double.
- Albertus Magnus forced 26 turnovers by the Gators, including a game-high six steals from Johnson.
Pine Manor (3-5) is back in action on Thursday, December 7 at Emmanuel (Mass.) for a 5:30 p.m. tip off.
Albertus Magnus (4-3) travels to face Norwich University on Saturday, December 9 at 3:00 p.m. in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference contest.